- My Autism Network
What is Autism
Autism in Adulthood
Autism & Education
Resources By State
General Resources cont.
Treatment Specific Resources
Treatment Specific Resources cont.
Research and Autism News
Look here for additional resources. Go to resources
Autism Speaks Grant Programs
Autism Speaks is the nation’s leading autism science and advocacy organization. Since 1997, Autism Speaks and their preceding organizations, which include the National Alliance of Autism Research (NAAR) and Cure Autism Now (CAN), have provided $89 million in the funding of more than 737 research projects and fellowships. Below are links to the various types of research grants awarded by Autism Speaks past and present.
- Autism Speaks Autism Genome Project Grants: The Autism Genome Project was a project launched in 2004 to scan the human genome for autism susceptibility genes.
- Autism Speaks Autism Treatment Network Grants: The Autism Treatment Network (ATN) is a collaboration of medical centers in North America designed to deliver multidisciplinary care to families affected by autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Autism Speaks Basic & Clinical Grants:These grants are assigned to individuals conducting basic and clinical research studies concerning ASD.
- Autism Speaks Early Intervention & Early Access to Care Grants: These grants are designated towards research concerning the testing of the efficacy of early intervention and treatment methods for individuals on the autism spectrum.
- Autism Speaks Environmental Grants: These grants are awarded for the specific purpose of escalating research into how environmental factors are affecting autism spectrum disorders.
- Autism Speaks Epidemiology Grants: These grants are created with the purpose of promoting collaboration among researchers working in the various fields affiliated with autism spectrum disorders.
- Autism Speaks Global Autism Public Health Grants: These grants are awarded to those advancing the mission of the Global Autism Public Health Initiative, which is to globally increase awareness, service delivery, and research into autism spectrum disorders.
- Autism Speaks High Risk High Impact Grants: These grants fund research studies that have the potential to have a profound impact on certain populations within the autism spectrum.
- Autism Speaks Innovative Technology Grants: These grants are awarded to those researching innovative technologies for autism. Learn more about the Innovative Technology for Autism Initiative here.
- Autism Speaks Other Grants: These are miscellaneous grants awarded by Autism Speaks.
- Autism Speaks Pilot Grants: These grants are awarded for smaller, preliminary studies that test the feasibility or enhance the design of a more comprehensive research project.
- Autism Speaks Postdoctoral Grants: These fellowships are granted to well-qualified postdoctoral scientists pursuing a career in the field of autism research.
- Autism Speaks Predoctoral Grants: These grants promote a career in the field of autism research by supporting cutting-edge research under the mentorship of leading researchers.
- Autism Speaks Treatment Grants: These grants are awarded to studies that test the efficacy of current and newly developed treatments including drugs, interventions, and therapies.
- Suzanne and Bob Wright Trailblazer Awards: These grants award funding to those proposing highly novel “out of the box” research methods related to autism.