- My Autism Network
What is Autism
Autism in Adulthood
Autism & Education
Resources By State
General Resources cont.
Treatment Specific Resources
Treatment Specific Resources cont.
Research and Autism News
Look here for additional resources. Go to resources
National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
The National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) utilizes rigorous scientific investigation to study the usefulness and safety of complementary and alternative medicine. Complementary and Alternative Medicines are a group of diverse medical and health care interventions, practices, products, or disciplines that are not generally considered part of conventional medicine. This organization is one of the many components of the National Institute of Health (NIH).
To search for NCCAM grants related to ASD, follow the steps below:
1. The RePORTER is the search engine for the National Institute of Health’s Grant Portfolio. Begin by clicking the RePORTER link and you should be directed towards this page:
2. Next to “Agency/Institute/Center”, click the blue “Select” box. In the new window that appears, uncheck the box next to “All Agencies.” Then scroll down and check the box next to “Nat’l Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM).” Then, click the blue “Select” box below the list of organizations.
3. On the main RePORTER screen, under the Agency/Institute/Center tab, click the radio button next to “Funding.”
4. To narrow your search to grants that are specifically related to the autism spectrum disorders simply place the cursor in the box next to “Text Search (Logic).” Then type “autism spectrum disorder” in the text box and click the “Submit Query” tab located at the bottom of the page.
5. To search for all grants, closed and active, hit the “Select” button next to the Fiscal Year (FY) text box. In the pop-up window click the button next to “Check/Uncheck All”.
6. Your search should yield results similar to the page below: