- My Autism Network
What is Autism
Autism in Adulthood
Autism & Education
Resources By State
General Resources cont.
Treatment Specific Resources
Treatment Specific Resources cont.
Autism Defined Resources
- Advice for parents of Young Autistic Children - This article offers great advice for parents with children on the autism spectrum from several professionals in the field of autism research. The document offers concise facts about the different causes of autism, when autism begins for a child, the various conditions associated with autism, and the different methods of intervention for ASD.
- AS or ADHD? - This article explains the differences between Asperger Syndrome and ADHD. The article goes in-depth to explore the traits of both Asperger Syndrome and ADHD.
- Teaching What Matters- Raising a child with Asperger’s Syndrome - This article was written by Dan Coulter who is a writer/producer of a series of Asperger Syndrome related videos. The article includes words of wisdom from his personal experience raising his son with Asperger Syndrome.
- Asperger Syndrome - This article, created by a medical professional, describes Asperger Syndrome and offers from suggestions regarding treatment and intervention. The article focuses on the effects children diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome convey. For parents, there is a detailed account of what average children with Asperger Syndrome experience in elementary school, the upper grades, and as they grow up.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Fact Sheet - This 2010 fact sheet provides information concerning autism spectrum disorder. Some of the highlights include the characteristics of ASD, the different forms of ASD, tips for parents and teachers, and other important facts.
- One-on-One Playdates - This article, by Marsh Parrish, provides the testimonial of a mother of a child with Asperger Syndrome. Her goal is to help her son develop healthy social interactions, as she feels having an active social life will provide greater happiness in her son compared with the “cognitive stuff”, which can be taught elsewhere. Her solution is to have her child go on play dates with peers to help ignite and maintain friendships. Details and tips for these play dates are included in the article.
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder: Asperger Syndrome - This report, compiled and edited by numerous medical professionals, details Asperger Syndrome’s effect on the physical and social attributes of an individual. The 2006 publication includes a brief history, physical findings, and social problems of Asperger Syndrome.
- Autism Overview: What We Know - The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) provide this document to clarify the facts and research of autism disorder. The document focuses on the technical aspects of what is currently known about autism disorder. The highlights of this fact sheet include the possible causes of autism, treatment options, and even information on how to participate in genetic studies.
- A Parent’s Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorder - This guide was published by the National Institute of Mental Health. The most vital topics include how ASD is diagnosed, what are the treatment options, the importance of early intervention, and how to plan for school. This guide is essential for parents of child with some form of ASD.
- Autism and Your Child- a Guidebook for Parents - This document contains an excerpt from the Autism Society of America. The text details the differences between autism, PDD, Asperger’s Disorder, Rett’s Disorder, and childhood disintegrative disorder. The document concludes with a list of commonly used acronyms pertaining to developmental disorders.