- My Autism Network
What is Autism
Autism in Adulthood
Autism & Education
Resources By State
General Resources cont.
Treatment Specific Resources
Treatment Specific Resources cont.
Autism Prevalence Resources
- ADDM Community Report - The Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network works in conjunction with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to bring you this document about the prevalence of autism disorder in the United States. The study takes statistics concerning autism disorder from 11 different states in the country and reports on the incidence of autism for each state. The study was conducted in 2008.
- What’s Going On? The Question of Time Trends in Autism - The research document explores the relationship between autism and its increased prevalence in the United States and the United Kingdom. The document presents different surveys and studies conducted over the decades and attempts to explain the rise in autism diagnosis. The text uses charts identifying the rate of autism incidence all over the world to explain the growing occurrence of autism diagnosis.
- California CADDRE - The CDC is funding Centers of Excellence for Autism and Developmental Disabilities Research and Epidemiology (CADDRE) in California. The pamphlet includes the different studies and monitoring techniques being utilized to track and study the prevalence of autism in the state.
- Colorado Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Project - The Colorado Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) project is one of the sites of SEED, a study funded by the CDC. The text describes the ADDM program’s purpose. The document also includes a source for more information about the subject and the study.
- Pennsylvania CADDRE - The publication includes details about the University of Pennsylvania/The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities Epidemiology and the CADDRE program. Information includes plans for meeting goals for the program, statistics about ASD in Pennsylvania, and how the research will be shared.
- Community Report from the Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network - This report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network was conducted in 2012. The study monitored 8-year-old children with autism in 14 different sites across the United States. The results concluded that a startling 1 in 88 children born in the United States will develop an autism spectrum disorder; the 2009 report estimated 1 in 110 children were at risk for developing an ASD.