- My Autism Network
What is Autism
Autism in Adulthood
Autism & Education
Resources By State
General Resources cont.
Treatment Specific Resources
Treatment Specific Resources cont.
Related Disabilities Resources
- Lesch-Nyhan Disease (LND) Fact Sheet- This comprehensive fact sheet explores the genetic, cognitive, and behavioral aspects of Lesch-Nyhan Disease.
- Center for Cornelia de Lange Syndrome and Related Diagnoses- This brochure from the Center for Cornelia de Lange Syndrome (CdLS) and Related Diagnoses provides brief information about the genetic disorder and discusses how the center can help individuals affected by the disorder.
- Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS)- This brief report includes a history, clinical description, and diagnostic procedure pertaining to Congenital Rubella Syndrome (CRS).
- Cornelia de-Lange Syndrome- This case study of a 11 year old with Cornelia de Lange Syndrome describes in great detail the different effects the condition can have on the body and mind.
- Fragile X Syndrome Fact Sheet- This fact sheet answers the most commonly asked questions associated with Fragile X syndrome (FXS). This document lists the physical and developmental signs of FXS. The text also names several resources for intervention services and general information. This document is also available in Spanish.
- Klüver-Bucy Syndrome – An Experience with Six Cases - This case report consists of patient data of individuals with Klüver-Bucy Syndrome.
- Landau Kleffner Syndrome (LKS): Information for Families- This 50+ page pamphlet has a great deal of information concerning Landau-Kleffner syndrome 9LKS). The document reports on the effects of LKS and the various treatments designed to alleviate the symptoms of the disorder.
- Persistent Klüver-Bucy Syndrome after Bilateral Temporal Lobe Infarction - This brief case report details the effects of Klüver-Bucy Syndrome on a 50-year-old man and also provides insight into the condition itself.
- Rett Syndrome: A Prototypical Neurodevelopmental Disorder- This extensive report discusses someof the known science behind what causes Rett syndrome. Specifically, the report delves into the genetics relating to Rett syndrome.
- Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome- This extensive article offers the reader a brief history, clinical description, diagnosis, etiology, and treatment options for Lesch-Nyhan Syndrome.
- Prader-Willi Syndrome- This clinical overview of Prader-Willi syndrome provides an extensive look into how the disorder effects those who have it and also discusses the molecular and genetic basis of the disease.
- Tourette's Syndrome- This article from the New England Journal of Medicine provides a comprehensive report on the diagnosis, pathogenesis, and treatment of Tourette’s syndrome.
- Tourette’s Syndrome: A Primer for School Leaders- This article discusses the difficulties individuals with Tourette’s syndrome can encounter in the school environment and different strategies for coping with these difficulties.
- AD/HD and Coexisting Conditions: Tics and Tourette Syndrome- This article discusses some of the behavioral interventions, treatments, and concludes with some recommended reading materials relating to Ad/HD and Tourette’s syndrome.
- Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Article Series- This series of over a dozen articles complied by the Tuberous Sclerosis Alliance provides a great deal of information concerning the disorder.
- Dietary Treatment of the Untreated Adult PKU- This article discusses the benefits of dietary intervention on untreated phenylketonuria (PKU).
- Adults with Untreated Phenylketonuria: Out of Sight, Out of Mind- Because some people with phenylketonuria (PKU) were born before screening began there are a number of individuals who were never treated and are still alive. Based on the estimated prevalence of PKU and the average life span of these individuals there is an estimated 1,500 individuals in the UK with untreated PKU. This study/survey set out to find these individuals.
- Williams-Beuren Syndrome- This article from The New England Journal of Medicine discusses the causes and current diagnostic tests, common clinical features, and the genetic basis of Williams-Beuren syndrome.
- Language and Communicative Development in Williams Syndrome- This study reports on the effect Williams’ syndrome has on language and communication.
- Down Syndrome Cases at Birth Increased- These statistics from the CDC website show that the rate of Down Syndrome cases at birth has increased from 1979 to 2003.
- Autism and Down Syndrome- This extensive article discusses some of the most frequently asked questions concerning both autism and Down syndrome and also includes some brief biographies from children on the autism spectrum.