- My Autism Network
What is Autism
Autism in Adulthood
Autism & Education
Resources By State
General Resources cont.
Treatment Specific Resources
Treatment Specific Resources cont.
- Floor Time: A Play Intervention for Children with Autism - This article examines how to properly use FloorTime therapy as an intervention for autism spectrum disorder. The article lists over a dozen principles of FloorTime therapy. The text also provides us with an example of a success story using the FloorTime method.
- Floor Time - This overview of Floor Time therapy describes the six emotional developmental milestones associated with the intervention. The article also details the five steps of the Floor Time process. The article includes an example of Floor Time intervention and several studies with accompanying results pertaining to Floor Time therapy.
- Play Time: An Examination of Intervention Strategies for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders - This article discusses some of the factors resulting in the lack of social play in individuals with autism spectrum disorder. The article also discusses two possible intervention methods for developing social play, known as: The Floor Time Model and The Integrated Play Group Model.
- The “Greenspan” Floor Time Model - This extensive document covers a wide array of topics about the Floor Time model. The document includes goals of the Floor Time model, a glossary, Floor Time activities, and strategies for implementing those various activities. This article is pertinent to any individual interested in learning about the application of the Floor Time method.
- "Ham It Up and Get It Cookin!!" Thoughts from Dr. Greenspan - This article focuses on the teachings of Dr. Stanley Greenspan and the Floortime option for teaching individuals on the autism spectrum. The bulk of the article explains how Greenspan believes in the importance of using relationships and emotionally meaningful learning, as oppose to rote memorization, to teach individuals with ASD. The conclusion of the article lists the basic principles of Floortime therapy.