- My Autism Network
What is Autism
Autism in Adulthood
Autism & Education
Resources By State
General Resources cont.
Treatment Specific Resources
Treatment Specific Resources cont.
Relationship Development Intervention (RDI®) Resources
- Empowering Families through Relationship Development Intervention: An Important part of the Biopsychosocial Management of Autism Spectrum Disorders - This notable paper reviews the current methodology and preliminary research results of Relationship Development Intervention (RDI). The RDI program has been instituted for about 10 years when this article was published in August 2009. This paper goes in-depth to describe the principals of RDI, training programs for RDI, and RDI tools.
- Evaluation of the Relationship Development Intervention Program- This study is one in a series of studies designed to determine the effectiveness of Relationship Development Intervention (RDI) for addressing unique deficits inherent in autism spectrum disorders. This study focused on the progress of 16 individuals during 5 years of therapy implementing RDI. The results confirmed that children who participated in RDI made significant gains in social behavior.
- Preliminary Evaluation of the Relationship Development Intervention Program - Steven E. Gutstein, developer of RDIConnect, authored this article that evaluates the progress of 17 children on the autism spectrum who are being treated with Relationship Development Intervention (RDI) vs. 14 children on the autism spectrum being treated with other intervention strategies. The conclusion of the study found that a significant number of those treated using RDI intervention demonstrated a positive ADOS diagnostic change.
- Raising the Bar with RDI®- This article describes how RDI works, and provides some enlightening facts pertaining to the benefits of RDI therapy for people on the autism spectrum.
- Relationship Development Intervention- This 2005 article focuses on the critical features of Relationship Development Intervention (RDI). The article offers advice on how to develop an emotional feedback system, construct optimal learning environments, and develop declarative communication. A critical fact of the article explains that 70% of children improved in at least one diagnostic category after 16 months of RDI.
- Texas Guide for Effective Teaching Relationship Development Intervention- This document provides an overview of Relationship Development Intervention (RDI). The article lists the 6 goals of the RDI program and also details the different levels of the RDI program. The text concludes with an example of RDI, and provides the results of a study conducted on the intervention.
- What is RDI™ and How does it Compare to Applied Behavior Analysis and Verbal Behavior? - RDI is a social relationship program designed to teach dynamic intelligence skills to children with autism spectrum disorder. This article compares the efficacy of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)/Verbal Behavior (VB) vs. RDI to the four deficit categories of ASD. The four deficit categories of ASD are behavior, general learning skills, communication, and social interaction.